@1 year ago
#Wall Street Journal #Charts
Finding the Best Doctor for You.
Times are changing at the doctor’s office, giving people who need to find a new primary-care physician more options to choose from—and some things to watch out for. From medical homes to hospital-owned practices, here is a guide to selecting a family doctor.
Here are five things to consider in selecting a primary-care doctor.
1. Does the physician make you feel comfortable and listen to your concerns and opinions?
2. Does the office seem to function smoothly? How easy is it to get an appointment or get care outside regular office hours?
3. Does the practice track your care and alert you to gaps?
4. Do specialists’ results automatically get sent back to your doctor and discussed with you?
5. Does the practice accept your insurance, or charge you directly? Will it help you keep costs down when possible?
(Source: The Wall Street Journal)